Last Updated: 27 January 2024
Event Date – 1 to 4 August 2024
Location – Caloundra RSL, 19 West Terrace, Caloundra Sunshine Coast
Event Organiser – Jonny “B Bad” – CAPO QLD State Representative
** Live Ranking List ** (opens in new window)
Lifting Schedule, Qualification and Entry Information
TJMERS (Teen, Junior, Masters, Equipped, Raw and Single lift competitors)
August 1 – ALL Teen, Junior, Equipped, Raw (bare knees), Single Lift Bench and Single Lift Deadlift.
August 2 – ALL Masters Raw Plus (sleeves or knee wraps)
- Raw and Equipped Open 3-lift competitors must have competed since August 14 2023 and before CAPO Nationals 2024 in their division and obtained the minimum total requirement in a CAPO 3 lift-sanctioned Competition
- Teen, Junior, and Master 3-lift competitors must have competed in a CAPO-sanctioned 3-lift competition since August 2023 and before CAPO Nationals 2024 in their division.
- Single lift competitors must have competed in a CAPO-sanctioned competition since August 2023 and before CAPO Nationals 2024
- Tickets on sale May 6 – May 17
- Entry tickets are not refundable but with approval of the event organiser can be transferred to another lifter on the wait list.
- There are two full days set aside for these events but there will be a limit of 90 tickets per day allocated. Once these are sold out a waitlist will be created.
Raw Plus OPEN competitors
August 3 – Male Open Raw Plus
August 4 – Female Open Raw Plus
- Raw Plus competitors must have competed since August 14 2023 and before CAPO Nationals 2024 in their division and obtained the minimum total requirement in a CAPO 3-lift Sanctioned Competition.
- As well as this you must be ranked in the top of your weight class to get first-round invites.
- Please check the live ranking list of all open lifters to see where you are standing and how many spots there are per weight class.
- Athletes' totals from the 2023 WPC Worlds can be counted towards your qualifying total as well.
- A round system will be used to send out invites to all lifters to compete.
- Those who finished at the top end of their weight class will be invited first and will have two days to confirm their entry.
- If they do not confirm their entry, the next lifter down in the weight class will be invited.
- May 20 – May 21 – First Round Invites
- May 23 – May 24 – Second Round Invites
- May 26- May 27 – Third Round Invites
- May 29- May 30 – Wild Card Invites – Tickets Become available to anyone who has hit the required minimum total requirement
The A7 suit is NOT banned for use in CAPO/WPC meets, however in their current form, ie the rubber/silicon on the inside of the bottom of the leg is non-compliant. Removal of the rubber/silicon and re-hemming of the legs will make the suit compliant.
How to be invited to 2024 WPC Worlds Team Australia
We want to encourage our CAPO athletes to strive to compete at the biggest events around the world but still feel they are connected to CAPO.
CAPO Nationals are your pathway to the WPC World Championships which are held alternately between USA and the rest of the world.
2024 WPC Worlds will be held in Illinois in October/November.
Expressions of interest for the 2024 WPC Australian Team will be required before 4 March 2024 to Andrea Sterns.
- First place per age group / weight class / category will have a place on the Team, but they need to confirm their intent to go within 7 days of Nationals.
- The category entered at Nationals will be the category for the Worlds team. This means if you wish to compete Raw at Worlds, then you must compete Raw at Nationals.
- We are allowed a maximum of 3 lifters per age group/weight class/category, so there is plenty of space for a large team.
- A team uniform will be supplied to the lifters.